If you are registered with a GP in Lincolnshire you may be able to receive NHS funded osteopathy at The Johnson Community Hospital, Parson Drove Surgery or Octavia View in Wisbech.
The Lincolnshire NHS Musculoskeletal Pain Assessment and Treatment Service (PATS) aims to give patients a choice of health care provider and improve the quality of local services for patients with musculoskeletal problems.
Having successfully undergone a qualification process the osteopathic clinics at The Johnson Community Hospital, Parson Drove Surgery, and Octavia View have been chosen to provide high quality care to NHS patients with musculoskeletal problems.
• You can use this service if you are registered with a GP in Lincolnshire.
• You will need to be referred to the service by your GP.
• The service is available to adults and children 12 years and over with simple musculoskeletal complaints and conditions.
The service covers the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal problems. This may include:
• Neck pain;
• Upper and mid back pain;
• Low back pain with or without sciatica;
• Sacroiliac joint pain (SIJ);
• Arm / leg pain of musculoskeletal origin;
• Jaw pain;
• Flare up of osteoarthritis or other long-term joint condition that will benefit from time limited therapy;
• Acute soft tissue injury
• Pregnancy / pelvic pain
Package of care
You will be offered a package of care which will include a full assessment and diagnosis, a course of treatment, and advice about how to help yourself get better as well as how to prevent the problem recurring.
For more information please contact us or ask your GP.